Tuesday, September 16, 2008

playing catch up

I really hate it when I don't get a good start to my day, I feel like I'm running to catch up all day long.

Last night Michael, a young lady that is staying with us, and I watched the movie Troy. Actually they watched and I listened to it while playing a game on the computer. I wanted to watch the movie but I did not want to 'see' the movie, if you know what I mean. It was very good, the story at least. I was torn though because after all of our study of Ancient Greece and playing of the game Age of Mythology I felt I ought to be cheering for the Greeks but I felt torn, the movie portrayed the Trojans with a warmth and personable nature that it made it hard to choose, of course Orlando Bloom was a Trojan and that puts them at an advantage before the movie even started. I cannot make a recommendation because I did not watch it, I do kind of wish I could edit out the messy stuff so Wallace could enjoy it.

The movie didn't end till just after 11pm and that is a late bed time for me. I have been trying to get up and get my day started at 6am and I find it near impossible to get up that early if I get to bed any later than 10pm. This morning I got up with the boys and so have been playing catch up all day. We were supposed to go to the library today but that will just have to wait till tomorrow. My shower did not happen until much later, only to be interrupter by a telemarketer. A telemarketer that had been asked to call back sometime during the work week and after 1:30pm. I had been considering the service they are selling but now I am not sure, if they would not honour my request to call me back during the specified time I am not sure I need their service. If I really wanted it probably would not have made a difference but the incessant calls really bug me, especially when I am trying to teach school. I had also volunteered to take dinner to a family in our church, the mom just had her gallbladder our and the dad is a fisherman who is out to sea right now, so although it was a joy to do this my disorganization made it tough to get accomplished in a timely manner. Now I am preparing to go out for a leaders of Olympians meeting at our church and I still feel behind. At least tomorrow is a clean slate, as long as I get to bed on time. I must get to bed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment