Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesday on Wednesday.....

We had our life group (small group Bible study) last night so I didn't take the time to write when we got home. It is a new life group with only two families right now, but even with just the 2 families there are 7 boys 12 and under. Wallace falls right between the 2 oldest and John is just older than the younger 3, they really seem to be enjoying themselves and is a great way for them to make friends while mom and dad are studying the Bible.

Yesterday wasn't much better as far as getting things done. I have trouble getting my head around the chaos, today will be better as I am turning this machine off after this entry and starting to work.

Yesterday's list was:
1. unpack Wallace's room
2. unpack John's room
3. unpack our room
4. unpack family room
5. make cookies (for small group)
6. unpack linen closet

Today's list is:
1. unpack John's room
2. unpack our room
3. unpack family room
4. clean master bathroom
5.
6.

Added to that list but not really apart of it is keeping up with laundry and meals, which seem to be taking up a lot more time in my new kitchen. I'd also like to get some schooling done, although I am going to concentrate on helping the boys catch up on their Olympians work for their meeting tonight.

I have to mention that unpacking is more than just pulling things out of boxes and putting them in drawers or on shelves. I have about 1/10 of the storage space that I had in our previous house so I am pulling things out of boxes, deciding if we need it and if not deciding if it goes to the second hand shop or garbage. Another challenge is that I am finding many things in the house broken and in need of repair before we put our stuff away.....of course the mice infestation is taking a lot of our time and focus away form getting the task at hand done. We haven't caught any for 2 days but we still see clues that they are still around. Mice are cute when they are in a cage or in the wide but I do not like them in my house.....especially my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment