Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today was a quite day at home. Wallace and John played quietly, sometimes alone and sometimes with each other. Wallace is going thought a pre-teen phase where his little brother is sometimes a real bother to him. He is working on it but it is definitely a journey of more than a few steps.

I didn't seem to get as much done as I would like and am totally out of energy tonight. I have the boys started on their evening (and morning) routines to help get us ready for school next week. John is loving it, I made him little cue cards with short phrases on them so he know what to do next. Right now he is upstairs read in bed, I'll go up and tuck him in a few minutes. Wallace isn't as keen on the routine, or at least not that keen that mom is checking up on him. One part of the routine that he does like is the reading aloud part. I take 15 minutes and read to him each night. He doesn't need it, he can read just about anything but he enjoys the one on one time. Even if he doesn't directly say so he won't let me skip that part of the routine. Guess if he has to do it, so do I. Right now Wallace and I are reading a biography of William Booth, we are both enjoying it very much. I love christian biographies because it shows us how ordinary flawed people can make such an impact for God.

Hubby came home from work tonight and told us that his work schedule was going to be changing at the end of the month. There seems to be both good and bad about it. He would be working 10 hours a day but only 4 days a week. The schedule hasn't been fleshed out and if there is one thing I have learned about the organization that hubby works for is that nothing happens until it does so there is no reason to get stressed or worry about it until then. It won't change the schedule that I have for the boys and I, at least not at this point, so we will just keep on trucking.

Another day to say, Thank you Lord for all you've given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment