Thursday, May 15, 2008

Does any one else.....

like routines. I love routines, I actually typed live and I guess that applies too. I love to know what is coming next and not to be rushed for time. I also have to admit I don't like schedules, especially tight ones, I have found they don't work well with my perfectionist personality. I'm really a defeated perfectionist because if I let my guard down I don't do anything because I can't do it perfectly and a schedule brings out the worst in me.

I've been developing a simple morning routine, starting small and adding to it as I become comfortable with the changes so as not to overwhelmed myself. When I know what is coming next it removes the stress and what I like best about it is that it doesn't matter what time I start we can always follow the routine and get things accomplish. Recently I've added doing a load of laundry and baking a loaf of bread in the bread maker each morning, that way we always have clean clothes for the many changes of John and fresh bread for his continual need for PB and honey sandwiches.

We also have a routine for schoolwork and for the days of the week, the boys seem to like routines too.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate! Love routines but hate schedules and it is wonderful to start with a very small routine and gradually add to it. Yep! I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete