Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A garden?

The boys and I are busy planting a garden today. It was supposed to be rainy and yucky for the rest of the week but we are pleasantly surprised by the lovely day we have out side. I even have a couple of loads of bedding out hanging in the breeze.

We aren`t really gardeners, I thought studying botany this year might help, but the verdict isn`t in yet. Today we planted a row of beans and a row of peas. Later we will be planting lettuce, Swiss chard and basil in some big planters on the deck. My back is tender and I have to stop for a while so I don`t end up in agony and being yelled at by Michael and my chiropractor for over doing it. In the non food department we planted 4 silver lace vines to climb our arbour. They are supposed to grow any where from 20-40 feet in a season so with our northern exposure we will hope for 20 feet. Here are a couple of pictures of what is may look like, if we had green thumbs.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how you're garden turns out. I refer to myself as a green thumb wannabe :)

    ReplyDelete