Saturday, October 2, 2010

I worked today, there were several things around the house that desperately needed to be done. Hubby says that my idea of desperate and reality are two very different things. Whatever the case may be I felt that they needed to be done and, today was the day that they were going to get done.

Hubby had originally intended to chop wood, (My parent had a tree taken down at the old place and when they sold, it had to be moved, so it was moved to our yard as we have a wood burning fireplace. Hubby has spent a lot of time spitting it into manageable size pieces. We do, however, have enough wood for our casual use to last 5 or 6 years, I am sure.) but since it was raining to today he was left wondering what to do, so he vacuumed for me. I have a weak back, don't want to say bad, although that is what my chiropractor would call it, and vacuuming will set it off faster than almost anything. He vacuumed the main floor and I followed behind and did a thorough mopping, they looks so much better. I am a happy person.

Then I did my 6 monthly dusting of the living room. I do dust more often, but this is the one where I take the orange oil and wipe down all the wood until it shines. My piano looks wonderful.

Then, we tackled John's room. Most of the toys are in his room as we don't have a 'play' room in this house. We opened all the containers, drawers and shelves that contained toys, games and books and dumped them in the middle of the room and then sorted them into like piles and put them away. The Lego took the longest, we went through every single piece, picked out all the important and little pieces and put them in a separate container so they wouldn't get lost in the big container. Then Wallace vacuumed it for me and I dusted, it now looks like a new room.

Hubby and Wallace are out getting supper from a local Mexican restaurant, after we eat I think I will relax and watch a movie with my family. I am all ready for my 'day of rest' tomorrow, no need to feel guilty I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment