Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hubby's away, not my favourite thing. However, I am doing better than most times. This maybe because I am aware of just how bad at this keeping up a home, I really am and that the accountability of a hubby coming home at the end of the day isn't what should keep me going. I am continually talking (lecturing) to Wallace about finding the will to do what is right from within and not waiting for outside expectations to motivate us to do what we know that we ought to do. What a bad example I must be setting for him and no wonder he is fighting me on it every step of the way. Last night I cooked a light meal as it was just John and I, Wallace had Jr. High at the church and they feed him there. I did make a huge step in the right direction when I went to be at 10pm. Wow, I even surprised myself, I usually have such trouble going to bed when I am here alone, I used to have trouble when Hubby worked nights too. I am hoping that I can do a repeat tonight.
Tonight or rather this afternoon I am leaving Wallace home, with my dad, to do school work. He will have a huge chance to prove himself. I hope he comes through with flying colours. He acquired a paper route this week and I haven't yet planted this information into our schedule so I double booked this afternoon. I do believe that he is old enough to stay on his own, and my dad is here if he gets lonely. He'll have a chance to do a lot of his school work in the peace and quiet that he says he so earnestly desires. I have a chiropractor appointment and then my sister and I are going shopping at Costco. John is coming, of course, you don't leave a 6 year old home with a 12 year old, and I think he will enjoy being the centre of attention, he doesn't get that as often as Wallace did as a little guy.
We are heading out after lunch to do those papers at least today it is bright and sunny, if not a little cool. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment