Monday, October 24, 2011

  • on our trip to the UK this summer
    It has been a long time since I blogged!
    Life has been busy and complicated but I am finding that it never slows down and doesn't get any better unless my attitude does.
    Michael is working a lot of hours, 70-80/week, and he is working nights. This is not the easiest shift. He is working on a project at work, and we are starting week 12. My mom used to always say you either had the time and no money to do things or the money and no time. For the longest time it was the first it is now the latter. Hopefully things will slow down a little bit and we can get some of the projects that we want to get done, done.
    Wallace is in grade 8 and just turned 13 in September. I can hardly believe I could possibly have a child that old. He is challenging in all the ways that 13 year olds are but we still have fairly open communication, for which I am very grateful. I have changed my way of parenting greatly in the last year and lean on Micheal's wisdom and knowledge when dealing with those issues that are specifically male or how boys react/relate to life.
    John is 7 almost 8 and in grade 2. I love the fact that he is cuddly because I find myself in great need of his affection right now. He has discovered the love of reading and is reading through the Magic Tree House books, in order I may add. He will wait until the right book is in at the library so that he doesn't get ahead of himself. It is really quite funny.
    Me, well there has been a lot going on in my head the last little while, not really sure where to start, not really sure if that is the kind of stuff I want to share on a blog anyway. If I keep this up for a little while we will see. I am firmly planted in the sandwich generation, looking after and homeschooling my boys, trying and often failing to be a good wife, and looking after a sickly parent. My mom and dad live in a granny apartment in our home. My mom still works full time and my father suffers from young onset Alzheimer's, which if it has ever touched your life you know it is a nasty disease. My days are full, to the brim but I try (and not always succeed) to simply lean on Jesus and take it one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment