Friday, October 1, 2010

Wow its been a month....

Life has been busy, even when you don't want it to be. We are back in the swing of school and finally finding a rhythm. I hand it off to the school teachers out there, I only have 2 students and have difficulty keeping up with the marking and the planning. Now I have to admit I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these to things, maybe idealist is a better word. I like to know what we are doing the next day/week and my boys, especially Wallace doesn't like having a pile of corrections to do. I'm not really sure how school teachers keep up with the marking.

Wallace seems to enjoy his new science, it is his first year in junior high and he is rising to the challenge. It will be one of the easier ones for me to teach him because it is the love of my educational life. He also enjoys history, but that is nothing new. Now composition on the other hand, not so much. I think I am challenging him, which is good because if I didn't he wouldn't work very hard. I want him to be able to communicate all those thoughts and ideas he has stored up in his head.

John is doing well, sometimes just reluctant to sit still and do his seat work....some times he asks me to be his secretary. I usually do this once a day, if I think he has done enough writing I'll take over and do the printing as he tells me what to write. I am also aware that he has his limits on what he can focus on, when he wants to give up I usually ask him to give me a couple of more minutes, just to stretch him a bit and then I let him go and use up some of that excess energy. I wish I had been that wise when Wallace and I were first going at this school thing. Guess you live and learn sometimes us oldest children get the short end of the stick, even when it isn't on purpose.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Hubby and I are going out to night to meet a new group of friends, hoping that we connect, mostly for Hubby's sake. We've been here for a year now and he really hasn't connected with anyone. This is my hometown so my family and old friends are here so it has been much easier for me. Other than this get together tonight there isn't anything out of the ordinary on this weekend....time to rest and repair and look forward to Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment