Friday, December 21, 2007

Are we on our way?



The car carrier is on the car and is packed. So I guess we are already to go. Michael is sleeping right now, he has to work at 6pm and then we will leave when he gets off. I'm going to bed with the boys tonight so that I can be well rested to take the first shift of driving. The driving forecast looks good, which we are very thankful for. We haven't decided for sure if we are driving straight through or not, it is a 20 hour drive so we will play it by ear, it certainly would be more frugal to drive straight but I'm sure falling asleep could be very expensive.

The boys are very excited. John keeps asking if we are leaving soon. I told him we have to go to bed and then get up in the middle of the night and leave. Wallace is so antsy he is driving me crazy.

We have a portable DVD player and a separate monitor for the car so the boys get to watch movies while we are travelling. They both have to watch the same movie but they can watch their own screen. We save this for trips that are longer than 3 hours, for this trip we took few DVDs out of the library so they would be new to boys, we got a season of Gilligan's Island, a season of Hogan's Heroes, a season of The Dukes of Hazard, and a season of The A Team so we should be all set.

I need to go down stairs and make a blanket for my niece. It should only take me about a 1/2 hour if all goes OK, but with my luck something will happen. I best get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment