Thursday, December 20, 2007

We need to get ready....

I don't know why when we are going on a trip that I alway procrastinate to get everything done. I am not a procrastinater most of the other time but when we have a big trip planned well then yes I procrastinate.
I hope the Michael has a better day at work than it started out. He had his new cruiser home and couldn't get up our driveway.....it is a sheet of ice and for some reason he's always had trouble with them on our icy driveway. To make matters worse he locked his keys in the car too and the spare set was on the same ring. He just got the cruiser yesterday, it is for the new unit that he has been transferred to. He in on the new dangerous driving enforcement unit, I think it will be a good fit for him. He has been under so much stress at work of late, a new supervisor came in in September and nobody in the office is happy. I'm thanking the Lord that he was able to get out from under it. I know the job is stressful in itself but I have never seen it this bad and the stress wasn't coming from the job itself but directly from this new supervisor. It is a big day for Michael, it is the official launch of the unit and all the dignitaries are going to be there to show there faces for the media. I do think it is an important unit though we've had a rash of accidents caused by speed and drunk drivers and this needs to stop it is just so senseless.

Wallace (and I) are on Christmas break so there won't be any official learning going on. He and John are down stairs playing Lego one of their favourite pass times.

There is a lot for me to do today....laundry, general house keeping, packing, etc. I'm making a list of all the things that we need to take with us, there are a few unusual thing as we need all of Christmas acutraments that don't need to be packed. Two more sleeps and we get to leave....watch out Grandma and Papa here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment