Friday, December 28, 2007

We're back.....

It was a long trip to say the least, 22hours. We had sore backs and sore butts but we got there and we did it in one stretch. Michael got off duty at 4am and we were on the road by 5am. We only stopped to get gas, get coffee (or tea), use the washroom and let the dog go pee. She is such a good traveller she rides in her kennel and we wouldn't even know she is there. I drove the first leg and then Michael and I switched off every few hours. We finally arrived at my mom and dad's place at 2am (or 3am our time as we past through a time zone).
We had a wonderful time, it was the first Christmas I had been home for in 5 years. For some people that may not be that big of a deal but for me it was huge and really hard each year. This is our Christmas eve picture. I thought about getting it blown up to an 8x10 for my mom but John was just being silly.
My boys with their Papa, Wallace and my dad are very close. We lived with Mom and Dad when Michael was out at Depot training. He really misses his Papa.
Each year on Christmas eve we have a Birthday cake for Baby Jesus. It is a tradition started when Yemmy (my boys name for my sister), this year it was a Yule Log and homemade ice cream.

We had a great time, really too much to blog about in one entry. We ate turkey, opened gifts, went shopping, went tobogganing and visited with friends. My sister is getting married in August so we talked wedding as well. Only downside was that my brother and his family weren't able to be there, so Wallace and John didn't get to see their cousins.

Then we got back in the car and drove home....it was an eventful trip and Michael learned never to drive by a gas station when your gas light is on just because it isn't the kind of gas you usually buy. We were blesses with very good driving weather, except for the last 3hours which we are very grateful for. Last night we unpacked the car and fell into bed. Today has been a busy day of unpacking, laundry, and grocery shopping. The boys are in bed, I'm headed that way and Michael is out getting the bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment