Thursday, January 31, 2008

Errand day- this week

Thursday right now are our errand day. Its the day that we rush through school and eat a quick lunch and then head out the door and go to town. Town is a small place 30 minutes away of about 8000 people but is much bigger than the community that I live in, about 1100 people if we are lucky. Town has all the convenience of a much bigger centre because it is the only place of any size for at least an hours drive. Town has several large groceries store, the walmart, the Zellers, the butcher and most important to us right now the pool. Thursday is swimming lesson day this session, so that makes it errand day too. I find it stressful at times, I usually go alone and the boys are always at one another, and then I have a time constrait which I always allow to put pressure on me. You know I am never late, never (now watch now that I said that I will be) but I alway think I am going to be. What is the big deal if I'm late the boys get changed quickly and get to class, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Then its home with the groceries and other asorted accumulated items. We unpack, eat a quick sandwich, throw the swimming trunks and towels in the washer, throw the boys in the bathtub to was off the chlorine, put them to bed, put the groceries away and then looking in the fridge and say, "Why does it look so empty if I just spent all that money?". AND CRASH!!!!!! I am so glad Thursday only come once a week and dream of the day when I live close enough.....maybe even in a city.....where I can spread this kind of a day out over several.

No comments:

Post a Comment