Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Weekend

Michael hasn't in the past had a lot of time off and certainly not a lot of weekends. This is the first 4 day weekend that we have had in a long time that didn't involve a holiday and didn't we pack as much into it as possible.
Friday was our family movie night and we watched A Far Off Place which was a good movie if not a little above John's head, he went to bed before it was over. He asked to be put to bed.
Saturday Night we went out with our friends Kelly and David for dinner and a movie. We went to Swiss Chalet, which we all loved. Then we went to see 27 Dresses. The movie is written up as a romantic comedy but I beg to differ, there were a few laughs but overall it was a serious story. Half way through the movie I leaned over to Kelly and asked if she thought this was a comedy, she agreed that she didn't think so. This of course means that we (the girls) have very little credibility next time we want to go to a movie, I'm sure the guys will want to choose.
Today after church we went to dinner at our friend's place we had homemade pizza and I made my Aunt Norma's Famous Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. John insisted yesterday that I colour the icing orange, because it had carrots in it. I'm glad I persuaded him not to go with the green, I thought that the colour might make our brains think mint and then when it wasn't we'd get a fatal error in the wiring. You know like when your expecting to take a sip of apple juice and it turns out to be milk. Milk is great but not when your brain is expecting apple juice.
Tomorrow night we are having our pastor and his family over for dinner, Beef stir fry and brown rice I think. I am looking forward to visiting with them they are relatively new and I would like to get to know them better.
I really don't think we can cram any more into the weekend, but it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. we had a family movie night this weekend also, we watched "Peter Pan" I am trying to find some old classics for the kids to watch.. I have a big age difference, but the oldest one will leave if she is not interested. The youngest one loved the movie this week even thought I caught him many times hiding under the blankets on the couch!

    ReplyDelete