Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Morning

Good morning everyone, I know you've been checking and I have been a bit AWOL. It has been a very busy week. We got a lot accomplished in school which is always a good feeling. I have discovered that John is an unwilling partner in learning the morning after Olympians (our kids programme at church). He thought he'd like to "do school" but he couldn't concentrate for more than a moment which is fine he is only 4. Wallace is beginning to really enjoy history, we are study Canadian History. It is a sequential history and he seems eager to find out what comes next. This week we learned about the settling of Halifax and the expulsion of the Acadians.

The boys love their swimming lessons, Wallace is in level 4 and is learning a lot, it is his first time with a male teacher. I think it is more the personality of this guy than the fact that he is a boy that Wallace loves, he is a very enthusiastic teacher. John wants to be in Wallace's class and I told him that if he put his face in the water that maybe he would be allowed in Wallace's class, knowing full well that this wouldn't be happening. Wouldn't I have had some explaining to do if for the first time in history John jumped in the pool and got his head wet. This didn't happen he came out of the pool with the top of his head still dry.

I have my housework to do today, Micheal is off so I am going to ask if he will take the boys to the library and to the little local grocery store, these are the only errands we have today. I want to discipline myself and do the housework until it is done. We'll see how that goes.
I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment