Thursday, June 11, 2009

Is it Thursday or Friday

Michael is away on business for the next 3 nights. I don't normally mind but this was sprung on me quite suddenly and I wasn't mentally prepared for it, we also had several things planned as a family which I now I have to do by myself. Oh well, I am trying to learn to roll with the punches.

If we were not trying to finish up school in the next couple of weeks I'd take tomorrow off but as it is I don't really want to miss anymore school. (Good thing Wallace doesn't read this blog, he be pestering me to have it off.) We also have kind of tradition that Wallace sleeps upstairs in Daniel's room when Michael is away over night. We pull out the camping mattress and one of the boys sleep on it. Until recently Wallace has always slept on the mattress but last time John wanted to sleep on the mattress, he started out on the mattress but by the time I went to bed he had rolled off and ended up sleeping in the closet. We'll see how it plays out this weekend.

My goal for the weekend besides all the regular things that need to be done and maybe a few tasks to prepare for the move, is to have sit down proper meals with the boys. When Michael is away the meals I prepare tend to be half hearted and usually eaten in the den in front of the TV. Not a habit I am very proud of mind you and one that I am going to endevour to change....starting tonight. Tuna casserole, veggie sticks and dip at the kitchen table. What do you cook for supper when it just you, or you and the kids? I am always looking for new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. It's nice to 'meet' you. :o) Whereabouts in Canada are you? I have a sister living in Salmon Arm in BC (she married a Canadian). I take it from your blog name, that your husband is a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman - how interesting! And is it possible to get postings to other countries. That would be awesome if you came to NZ one day.
    Thanks for commenting. I look forward to reading your blog too.
    Rachel L from NZ

    ReplyDelete