Thursday, March 20, 2008

The colour of the front door


I am trying to figure out what colour I should paint my front door. When we bought this house 5 years ago we drove up to it and I wasn't too impressed. We had spent quite a few weeks looking at homes and nothing was right. I remember thinking "Oh no, here we go again." However, when I walked through the front door I was quite taken aback by the interior. This back ground to tell you that we are trying to add some 'curb appeal' to the house, not that we have a curb or that you can even see the house from either or the roads to which we have access.
We started last October by building the arbour and rebuilding the front porch. We also have 2 large window boxes to go under each window. (I guess I should add that we only have 2 windows on this side of the house because it is the north side and the house is R2000.) This spring we are going to treat the arbour and porch so that it will have the look of aged cedar. We are also going to edge around the arbour and put pea gravel under it (it is very shaded and little grass grows, mostly moss). I am also investigating a vine/climbing plant that I can plant at the base of each post and will grow up and cover the arbour, any ideas? In the planters, which are being painted white I am going to plant impatiences, my favourite annual and shade lover to boot. So now the big decision is what colour do I paint my front door. I want something to set it apart, maybe a sunny yellow (eh, Yem)? Tell me what ya'll think.

No comments:

Post a Comment