Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour


We as a family are participating in Earth Hour tonight, although John will be in bed and will be unaware that the lights are out. As a family we try to be conscience of our impact on the environment, I think I may be raising an environmentalist. Our plan is to play cards by candle light at the kitchen table this will thrill Wallace for two reasons, one he gets to play a game with mom and dad and two, he gets to stay up an hour past the time he usually goes to his room to read. I really like the idea of Earth Hour however, I think it is probably the easiest hour of the week to do it, no one is trying to do anything, chores are done and its time to relax anyway, we just have to find an alternative way of relaxing. Anyone else out there participating in Earth Hour, besides the environmentally friendly aspect of it its a great way to have some family time.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about Earth Hour! i had mentioned it to my daugther and she wanted to do it but we forgot all about it. I love your idea of a candle lit card game. I know my daugther would love it too. Hey, she'd love it if we made it a regular happening. Hmmmmm....may have to think about that.

    I sure hope you decide to join the Carnival of Canadian Home Educating Bloggers that I'm hosting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete