Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bubbly Haddock Bake

This is what we had for supper. It is Michael's favourite way to have fish lately. I found it on the internet somewhere but copied it out and now have no idea where it came from. (edit: Allrecipes.com, thanks Dawn, I like to give credit where due.) It is delicious. Having said that I wouldn't feed it to anyone local as with all other seafood recipes I figure a land lubber like myself shouldn't feed the locals their speciality.

Bubbly Haddock Bake
2 lbs haddock fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2 qt casserole dish (I use a 9x13).
Arrange fish fillets in the bottom. Layer onion. Spread soup (undiluted) and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 40 min, or until bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork.

Enjoy!.....Any questions?

1 comment:

  1. That's a Nova Scotian dish! My grandmother-in-law adds either sliced mushrooms or a can of mushrooms and salmon, etc.

    I know where you got that recipe too...Allrecipes.com. I see it often when I look for haddock recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete