Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Home Days

Today is a home day. I love home days. There is something about staying in and getting to all the work that I have been putting off. I seem to have a lot of trouble getting back on task after going out to run an errand, that is probably why I make all my appointments in the after noon, and you thought it was so the boys wouldn’t be asked why they weren’t in school every where we went. (That too, but that is a different subject.) Today we spent the morning doing school, which amazingly we finished before 1 p.m. and had already had our lunch break. I can’t tell you what a good feeling that was, Wallace was so excited he had the whole afternoon to do with as he pleased. Right now he and John are out side playing in the melting snow, I am sure when they come in they will be a mess.

Today on my “To do” list is:
1. Wash Bailie’s bedding, I walk into the laundry room this morning an something was really stinky, so I thought I better wash it. (This is done and it does smell better. I am going to have to add this to my list of weekly chores.)
2. Ironing, yes it is still on my list. (I am happy to report that it is done, at least for now, I just seem to get it done and there is more to do.)
3. Wash the kitchen and laundry room floor. (Done)
4. Clean kitchen counter and microwave.(Done and what a job that was. Not sure exactly why...oh yes I am, it hasn't been done in a while, and I am very picky about exactly what clean is, can you see a vicious cycle here?)
5. Clean stove top (in desperate need of a good cleaning)(Done)
6. Clean out refrigerator and freezer.
7. Shopping list/ menu planning (tomorrow is shopping day) (Done)

I’ll have to report back later to see how good I’ve been. I have lots of other things I’d like to be doing but I also love a well kept home, even if housework isn’t my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment