Monday, February 11, 2008

Kids creativity and some knitting



My boys aren't very creative by nature so when they drew paper Walrus and a scene for them to play on I thought I should snap a shot of it. I can't really blame them, niether their father or I are very artistic in a free hand sence.



This is what I think of as creativity. I follow a pattern, or adjust it to fit my desires, and they I get something nice, and usually servicable. These are a pair of 'work socks' I made for my dad for Christmas. These are very comfortable and warm, I've made a pair for Michael too. Now a maybe I'll make a pair for me.
This is a sweater for my neice for this past Christmas. I made it out of cotton that I reclaimed form an aweful sweater I found in the thrift store. It was a beautiful yarn. I brought it home washed it, unwound it, rewashed the yarn and then knit it into this sweater. Absolutely gorgeous yarn that I could never have afforded brand new.
This is a simpe pair of mitts I knit for my nephew for this Chirstmas. Warm and simple. I just finished a pair for Wallace and have a pair on the needles for John. I started out intending to knit a pair for John but miss read the size and made the bigger size so Wallace got the first pair. I also have just finished a sweater for John, it was my first time using a neck down pattern. It was fun, I'll definitely be doing it again. I will post a picture soon, I just have to get some buttons sewn on.

No comments:

Post a Comment