Friday, February 15, 2008

What's next?

I just finished John's latest pair of mittens.

My boys tend to lose their mittens, either that or there is just not enough pairs in the mitten box by the door. Thats often because they are in the car, we take a pair where ever we go, they take them off in the warm car and then because we get out of the car in the garage we don't think to bring them back into the house. I guess I could have saved myself and couple of evenings work just by emptying the car.

All that to say what's next? I asked Michael what he thought my next project should be and do you know what he said? He said I ought to finish some of the needle points (x stitch) kits that he bought me a few years ago.

Shortly after we moved down here we were back home visiting and he took me to one of my favourite yarn/craft/fabric stores. I have to say store because it is more like a warehouse than a shop....its a size thing. I was looking at x stitch kits and couldn't decide on just one or two, so Michael generously bought me five or six. Can you guess how many I've got done? That's right zero! In my defense I do have one almost complete, it is John's baby sampler, yes I know he is 4, but it is alomst done.

I got out the kits today and took a look at them. I will finish the one for John first, and then I'm not sure. Michael likes this one or an English cottage, it looks rather hard. I also have a Christmas tree skirt that would look nice if I got it done by Christmas. Then there is also a special one I have for my mom, not going into detail because Mom read this, Hi Mom!!. I'm not sure.....maybe I'll sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment