Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This week.....



This is a tough week for me. Michael is away on training. He is spending the week in Phoenix, Arizona doing his DRE certification. DRE is a drug recognization expert, that basically means that he will be able to do a battery of test on a driver if he suspects that they are driving under the influence of something other than alcohol. It is a tough course and he has to do 6 practical assessments too, but it is hard to feel sorry for him, after all he’s swimming and longing around in shorts when he isn’t working. (edit: I just talked to him and he said he hasn’t really been out all day, he’s been studying and is nervous about doing his first practical tonight.)

He works odd hours I will give you that but at least he is usually at home sometime in the night and I know that I can call him at anytime if I had an emergency. This week however he is not, well he is reachable.

They boys and I are doing fine, better than I expected actually but we are only two days into it. Wallace is being extremely helpful which shows he is growing up. John on the other hand is oblivious that anything is going on or at least he doesn’t seem to notice the difference. I have had trouble going to bed at night time, I must check the doors 2 or 3 times before I go up stairs. Wallace is sleeping upstairs on a mattress at the foot of my bed. He was in John’s room but for some reason the other night John was extremely tired and threw a hissy fit (he doesn’t like change and if he’d have been less tired I probably could have talked some sense into him) so I just moved Wallace into my room. Meals are a lot easier when it just the three of us, I don’t feel as though I have to prepare anything big or complicated, John wouldn’t eat it anyways.
We are of course looking forward to Daddy coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment