Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cooking 101

I love to cook and I especially like to bake but I have to admit I have never been very good at teaching my boys to cook. John loves to pull up a chair and watch and is a little more insistent on helping than Wallace ever was or is. I was feeling bad, I think I have too much of my grandma in me, she loved to be in the kitchen and she always wanted to do it for you, not real condusive to learning. So I thought I would take a step back and try be a little less like my nature. Last night Wallace was reading the cookbook Loney Spoons and decide that he wanted to try a recipe for sweet potato fries, so today at lunch he took his first cooking class. He used a sharp knife, cracked an egg and put things in an out of a hot oven. The result was quite delious if I do say so, and we learned a lot. Wallace learn new techiques and I learn how much he has yet to learn and how much of cooking is second nature after all theese years.

Well we are off to grocery shop and go to swimming lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment